“It’s not being aired on television” - Migz Zubiri on Duterte’s achievement


Senate Juan Miguel Zubiri called the attention of the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO), and it’s secretary Martin Andanar to be more active in spreading the achievements of President Rodrigo Duterte to the people.

In a resurfaced interview last year, Zubiri was disappointed after he saw some of his fellow Mindanaoan who’s still not aware of the achievements of the former Mayor of Davao City.


According to him, not all Mindanaoan knows that there’s already an anti-hospital deposit law and the medicines are already being given for free in government-owned clinics and hospitals.

He also mentioned that even the free-tuition law which signed by President Rodrigo Duterte was not known by the people of Mindanao.


Zubiri said that the mainstream media is more active in publishing negative news that’s why some people thought that everything happening during the Duterte administration is bad.

So to fight this problem, Zubiri asked the PCOO to counter the mainstream media by spreading the good news to the people.


He believes that if PCOO does the right thing, the approval rating of the President would not go down.

“We appeal to the PCOO and Secretary Andanar to promote the good news. Kasi parati nalang bad news nakikita ng ating kababayan, syempre nafufrustrate sila.” Zubiri told the reporters.
          

Blogger Thinking Pinoy (TP) who also criticized the PCOO several times for allegedly not countering the mainstream media and the propaganda by the opposition, shared the video of Zubiri.

“Medyo suko na ako sa suggestion ni Sen Zubiri e. Been saying the same thing since 2016.” TP said.

Source: Pinoy Trend

'Botika Ng Bayan' first launched in Cebu


The Department of Health (DOH) launched here Friday the first “Botika ng Bayan” (BNB) in the Visayas, aimed at helping the poor avail of essential medicines for free.

DOH Assistant Secretary Maria Francia Laxamana congratulated the San Remigio Municipal Health Office for meeting the requirements set for the establishment of a Botika ng Bayan.

“We would like to commend our municipal health officer Dr. (Urleta) Ursal, her team, the Cebu province, and municipality of San Remigio for really making BNB a success. You were the first to comply with all the standard requirements set by our Pharmacy Division (PD) in Central Visayas for creating BNB. Congratulations to all of you,” she said.

Laxamana said the Botika ng Bayan in San Remegio is the third to be established in the country when the DOH revived the BNB program.

The first BNB in Luzon was launched in San Mariano, Isabela last week on July 13, while the second was launched in Davao City for Mindanao. San Mariano, Davao, and San Remegio are the three pilot sites for the revival of the program.

The Botika ng Bayan will provide access to free essential medicines for common diseases in the community, such as infections, skin ailments, asthma, and chronic non-communicable diseases — targeting indigents and the marginalized sectors of the population.

The Botika ng Bayan, formerly Botika ng Barangay, was temporarily stopped in 2011 because of insufficient supplies of medicine and lack of supervising pharmacists.

Laxamana assured that the revived BNB will provide free medicines to the public 24/7.

“Every month, we will have an inventory, which Rural Health Units (RHU) will forward to the regional offices. We will ensure that there will always be sufficient supply of medicines in the BNB. I assure you that free medicines will be available anytime of the day, 24/7,” she said.

According to the DOH, the new BNB will not just provide medicines but there will also be licensed pharmacists and trained pharmacy assistants who will educate and counsel the patients about their medications.

Patients who wish to avail of the free medicines from BNB must first consult with the RHU or a private doctor and bring their prescription to the BNB.

San Remigio Mayor Mariano Martinez, meanwhile, clarified that the BNB is for residents of the town only, and encouraged other local government units (LGU) to comply with the requirements and put up their own BNBs.

To create their own BNBs, LGUs should have a license to run a pharmacy, sufficient and air-conditioned space for the medicines, and a licensed pharmacist.

The launch was marked by a ribbon-cutting ceremony and the signing of the memorandum of agreement (MOA) for joint implementation between the DOH and local officials of San Remigio.

The MOA was signed by Laxamana, Martinez, DOH-Central Visayas Director Dr. Jaime S. Bernadas, Local Health Support Division chief Dr. Jonathan Niel Erasmo, and Ursal.

Leni Robredo, handang mainsulto sa SONA ni Pangulong Duterte


Ibinunyag ni Vice President Leni Robredo na may mga nagpapayo sa kanya na huwag nang dumalo sa ikatlong State of the Nation Address (SONA) ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte sa Lunes.

Aniya, nangangamba ang mga nagpapayo sa kanya na muli lang siyang insultuhin o ipahiya ni Pangulong Duterte.

Ngunit sinabi ni Robredo na wala siyang balak na sundin ang mga payo sa katuwiran na bilang pangalawang pinakamataas na halal na opisyal, obligasyon niyang dumalo sa pag-uulat sa bayan ng punong ehekutibo.

Sinabi nito na sanay na siyang mainsulto sabay diin na hindi naman ito makakabawas sa kanyang pagkatao.

Magugunita na tinawag na “incompetent” ni Pangulong Duterte si Robredo matapos ianunsiyo ng huli na handa siyang pamunuan ang koalisyon ng oposisyon sa bansa.

Agad naman bumuwelta si Robredo at sinabi na sa halip na insultuhin siya at ang Diyos, dapat ay asikasuhin na lang ng Pangulo ang ekonomiya ng bansa.

Source: ABANTE

Malacañang, walang paki kay Leni Robredo sa federalismo


Hindi pinagtutuunan ng pansin ng Malacañang kung ano ang maging kahihinatnan ni Vice President Leni Robredo sakaling magkaroon ng transition government sa 2019.

Sinabi ni Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque, na ang tutok ng Malacañang ay kung saan patungo ang liderato ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte.

Bahala aniya ang Bise Presidente sa karera niya dahil ang nais ni Pangulong Duterte na maiwang legacy sa taumbayan ay ang Charter change at ang federalismo.


“Ang malinaw lang kami kung anong—saan patungo ang leadership ni Presidente Duterte. At paulit-ulit sinasabi ni President Duterte nais niyang maging legacy sa taumbayan iyong Charter change patungo ng federalism at matapos makamit iyan ay bababa na siya sa puwesto ‘no. So bahala na po sa karera niya si VP Leni,” ani Roque.

Pinabulaanan ng kalihim ang pahayag ni dating Chief Justice Hilario Davide na ang talagang layunin ng federalismo ay para mapaiksi lang ang termino ng Pangalawang Pangulo.

“Wala pong katuturan iyan, kasi malinaw naman po ‘no na hindi namin talaga—hindi binibigyan masyado ng Palasyo ng pansin naman iyong karera ni Vice President. Bahala naman si Vice President sa karera niya,” dagdag pa ni Roque.

Batay sa kahilingan ni Pangulong Duterte, nais niyang magkaroon ng transition President sa 2019 sakaling maisulong ang federalismo at sabay silang bababa sa puwesto ni Robredo.

Source: ABANTE

Iniimbestigahan na ng CHR ang kumakalat na waiver na ibinibigay sa kaanak ng mga biktima ng EJKs


Iniimbestigahan na ng Commission on Human Rights (CHR) kung saan at ano ang motibo sa pagpapakalat ng waiver form na ibinibigay sa mga kaanak ng mga umano ay biktima ng Extrajudicial Killings (EJKs) sa Caloocan City.

Nakasaad sa waiver ang mga fill in the blanks at sinumpaang salaysay na wala nang interest sa imbestigasyon ang kaanak ng EJKs victims.


Nakapaloob rin sa waiver na ipinagpapasadiyos na lang nila ang nangyari.

Kaya paalala ng CHR sa publiko lalo na ang pamilya ng EJK victims na maging mapanuri at huwag basta lumagda ng anumang waiver.

Giit naman ni Caloocan Police Chief Senior Superintendent Restituto Arcangel, hindi sa kapulisan galing ang waiver.


Naniniwala naman si Philippine National Police Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde na parte lang ito ng paninira sa PNP.

Paliwanag ni Albayalde, kung iuurong ng pamilya ng EJK victims ang kaso ito ay sa pamamagitan ng affidavit of desistance na ginagawa sa harap ng imbestigador.

Aniya, para itong sinumpaang salaysay kung saan magtatanong ang imbestigador.

Pipirmahan aniya ito ng imbestigador at ang pamilya ng biktima at dapat ay nakanotaryo.

Source: RMN

Juan Ponce Enrile claims that Cory Aquino spent 1 trillion pesos worth of ‘ghost projects’ in her four years of Presidency


A political author Cecilio T. Arillo revealed that former President Cory Aquino allegedly spent 1 trillion worth of ghost projects and spread the fake news in 1990 by claiming that she “built 3,6365 kilometers of major roads and 18,120 kilometers of feeder roads from 1986 to 1990.”

To prove their article, they quoted former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile, trying to debunk the claims of Aquino saying that she actively built infrastructure around the Philippines.

“The kilometers of roads should be easily visible, for the greatest length of the archipelago north to south is 1,851 kilometers only,” Enrile said.

“Perhaps, the President and her Cabinet members should tell us where these new roads are. Frankly, I have not seen any in my travels in the countryside. Of course, some could be located inside Hacienda Luisita, as one Commission on Audit report disclosed.” he added.

Enrile also noticed that the claims of Cory Aquino, saying that she already irrigated 27,530 hectares of farmlands might even not real.

“Where are these irrigated farmlands located?” Enrile asked. “Could these be in Tarlac or some planet like Mars? If this claim is true, why are we still importing rice and corn?” Enrile said.

The Senator pointed out that in 1988, Aquino imported 187,154 metric tons of rice and 172,263 MT of corn, which according to him is an evidence that Cory is only whitewashing the public.

“People in the rural areas often ask me for public funds to provide them with safe drinking water. With 51,820 water-supply projects, each of our 41,000 barangays should have at least one [water supply] project. But where are these water-supply projects?” he said.

“When told about these “water-supply projects,” barangay residents reacted in disbelief. Could it be that our barangay folks, ordinary mortals like us, are blind and do not see what the exalted officials of the Aquino administration see?” he added.

Because of this alleged corruption, Enrile labeled the ghost projects as “One Trillion pesos staggers the imagination,”

According to Enrile, the 1 trillion pesos which allegedly went to ghost projects, if really went to the people would be so useful and life changing.

“If that sum of money were judiciously used, we would be seeing today immense and dramatic improvement in the quality of our life. And yet, in terms of visible physical and structural infrastructure achievement, the Aquino administration pales in comparison with the regime it replaced.”

“If we sum up all the money granted to the Marcos regime from 1966 to 1985, a period of 20 years, as against the four years of the Aquino administration, the total would not come anywhere near the fabulous amount of one trillion pesos.”

“One trillion pesos could have created 20 million classrooms for children, complete with teaching aids; constructed 10 million modest homes for the poor; obtained 1 million passenger buses for weary commuters; or established one health center for each of the country’s 41,000 barangays.

“One trillion pesos could have erected one emergency hospital each for 1,600 towns, one general hospital for every congressional district, and one medical complex in every city and province—all of them equipped with the most modern medical facilities rendering free medicines and medical services to 60 million Filipinos.

“One trillion pesos could have irrigated 24 million hectares of rice land, sufficient to produce 2.4 billion cavans of palay per harvest, which would not only reverse the country’s plight as a rice-importing nation, but also place the Philippines as the No 1 rice producer in Southeast Asia.”

Source: Pinoy Trend