Trillanes police security escort, reinstated


Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday said his police security detail has returned after being pulled out earlier this month.

Trillanes revealed last week that his security detail was recalled at the end of June, but he assured his supporters that he can handle himself.

The former soldier told ANC's Headstart that as of Tuesday morning, the Philippine National Police "returned" his escort, but he has yet to hear from the Armed Forces of the Philippines.



"Normally, you wouldn’t need security if there’s peace and order across the land. But you’re correct in pointing out that local government officials are being killed left and right so now is not the time to pull out security from government officials precisely because of what’s happening," he told host Karen Davila.

The PNP said last week that they pulled out the security for Trillanes because it was reviewing the deployment of officers, in line with efforts to maximize the use of human resources.

The Armed Forces, meanwhile, said in a statement it has recalled soldiers serving as Trillanes's escorts because their tour of duty already lapsed.

The opposition lawmaker said although he never had a security detail from the Senate, he appreciated the ones provided by the police and military "because it gives me at least some sense of security and that would help me in my work so I won’t hold back."

He was questioned last week on the security detail after it was pointed out that the police escorts of Tanauan City Mayor Antonio Halili of Batangas were also removed before he was killed.

Source: ABS-CBN
Previous
Next Post »
0 Comment